After going to Europe in 1995 and seeing Eurasian Collared Doves in towns and cities there, I have been expecting them to become common feeder birds around Kansas City, much as House Finch did after it moved in. But it has not happened. The only reliable places I know to get ECD in the areas where I usually bird are around the grain storage buildings in Passaic and Rich Hill. (I believe I recall having seen posts that they have showed up in St. Joseph, but I have not seen any there myself on trips to and around Lake Contrary, Rosecrans airport, etc.) I suspect that I could find more if I visited grain storage units in other west central Missouri towns, but I am beginning to doubt that they will become common city and suburb birds, as I once thought they would.

Bob Fisher
Independence, Missouri