Searched Four Rivers CA and Schell-Osage CA, Vernon County, MO and Montrose CA, Henry County, MO today.
(Good maps available through the MDC website).
Four Rivers CA, Unit 4, Hwy M entrance (appx. 7am)
Highlights:
Steady chorus of Dickcissel, Indigo Bunting, Common Yellowthroat, Grasshopper Sparrow, Sedge Wren, and Henslow's Sparrow (among others) from Hwy M to the Busch-Wheeler Prarie area.
Walking the levee heading northwest:
American White Pelican-26
Black Tern-6
Willow Flycatcher-2 (vocalizing infrequently)
Upland Sandpiper-1 (north side of levee, pool 15)
Spotted Sandpiper-8
Solitary Sandpiper-2
Lots of the expected Herons and Egrets and a few Double Crested Cormorants. No mudflats that I could see. Excellent wader habitat.

Schell-Osage CA:
Mississippi Kite-1 (soaring)
Sure, Yellow Warblers are common, but still cool to look at!
Again, no shorebird habitat that I could see.

Four Rivers CA, Unit 1:
Virtually dry, except pool 5, at the southeast corner of Unit 1. Too much water for shorebirds here. The usual Herons and Egrets were present.

Four Rivers CA, Unit 3:
LEAST TERN-1 (at the pond near the entrance to President's marsh)
Bell's Vireo-5 (vocalizing from nearly every hedgerow)
Upland Sandpiper-1 (pool 14, dry vegetation)
Excellent shorebird and wader habitat exists in the middle of President's Marsh...only problem is that there is no way to get close that I could find. Too far to ID shorebirds (especially with heat shimmer), but I could make out:
American White Pelican-72
Again, numerous Herons and Egrets.

Montrose CA (appx 5pm):
Wish I would have been here in the morning!! A beautiful crescent mudflat is easily viewable west of the causeway (Hwy RA from north, Hwy HH from south-bisects the lake north to south)
LEAST TERN-6
Forster's Tern-32
Black Tern-8
Stilt Sandpiper-6
Short-Billed Dowitcher-2
About a dozen peeps (light was in my face) and a few Yellowlegs. One humdinger of a storm /cold front was barrelling through as I left; could be really good the next couple of days! The light will be best here in the morning.
Good Birding,
Doug Willis
Kansas City, MO