In this case - EBCA stands for Eagle Bluffs Conservation Area, rather than a
bird abbreviation!

Went down this evening hoping to find the Little Blue Herons; found the
three Snowies instead (showing their golden slippers) --- overall Great
Egret numbers seemed greatly reduced from what was reported this morning, so
birds might have been hanging out in a cooler spot.

Someone was videoing the shorebirds near the Acuff viewing blind, so I
didn't go down there.  In addition to what was reported from this morning, I
did locate three semi-palmated plovers in the distribution channel.  There
were also excellent mudflats at Pool 2, and the viewing blind there made for
great viewing.  Probably 50-100 shorebirds, usual suspects including a
couple more semi-palmated plovers.

Did find a lost van & family, who had exited Interstate 70 to avoid a huge
traffic jam due to a reported accident -- they were hoping to find an
alternate east-west route to Kansas City, and somehow ended up at Eagle
Bluffs!  The husband was extremely frustrated to find out there was no
bridge across the river, and he would soon be at a dead-end; I explained the
way to Jefferson City - and the wife said "boy, am I glad we found you!"

Traveled over to the Evergreen Sod Farm, off of Highway 40 near New
Franklin.  Was able to re-locate the Buff-breasted Sandpipers reported
earlier by Edge Wade -  fortunately for me, the irrigation system was on,
and most birds were congregating near that spray.  Probably close to a dozen
sandpipers were visible - maybe more over the little rise in the land.  If
you go during working hours, suggest you stop in the office and let them
know what you are doing, and thank them - nice people who have always let us
drive the roads and look for these guys.
Jean Leonatti
Boone County, Columbia, MO