Jeff Wright writes:
"I have never encountered a more petty, whining, angry group of people than
I have on this listserve..........."

I've been reading all these Ivory-bill posts and I'm sorry but I can't agree
with Jeff. I just don't think of these posts as being written by petty,
whining, and angry people. I read them as people expressing their thoughts
and hoping others will express their ideas in return.

You know of course that emails expressions don't equal voice expressions,
and can be perceived so differently by different readers. I think that's a
lot of the misunderstanding.

Different viewpoints and discussion of ideas is what I have been perceiving
from these emails. I've appreciated reading them rather than having been
offended by various comments. I think it is ok to talk about what you think.
I wish people wouldn't leave. We need each other.

And Craig Hensley, I hope you are just visiting Texas, not leaving Missouri.

I have almost no birds in the yard now. We tore the old deck off and are
doing some remodeling. The birds still do a fly-by trying to find a place to
land. The first few days were the most interesting. Some birds fluttered
around looking for the feeders and just ended up landing on the ground where
the deck use to be. It was so obvious that they felt confused about the
whole thing.

Jo Ann Eldridge, Kearney, Clay CO