In Kirksville (Adair County, Northeast MO),  ECD's are quite numerous.  I have seen them several
miles outside the town near highways, but generally, they prefer the more populated areas- I don't
think I've ever encountered them at Big Creek CA or any secluded place like that.  They reside on
campus at Truman State University and in lots of the surrounding neighborhoods, and in some
places you can hear/see several on the same street within a few blocks.

I don't have any official numbers or anything like that, but they are a pretty common bird if you
look in the right places.  There are others who have been in Kirksville longer who could probably
give more detailed information, but I think Kirksville probably has one of the larger populations of
ECD's in the state, based on what I've heard about other areas on MOBIRDS.

Phil Wire