 Judging from previous posts looks like the lack  or surplus of hummers is a
regional thing
 During my census  this season in the Castlewood SP/Meramec river corridor I
have recorded  a lower number of hummingbirds on territory than is past
years.I failed to find any nesting hummers in a couple of spots I have observed them
nesting for several consecutive years now
 Not completely absent but lower numbers for sure at Castlewood SP .
 Have to wonder if the very dry conditions throughout most of May and June
contributed in some way by disrupting various insect and plant food sources
 Coming up on the time many young hummers start moving around.Should be
interesting to see what numbers people report coming to their feeders
-Mike Brady