  From: [log in to unmask]
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Cc: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 2:52 PM
  Subject: Re: WWDO hunting regs

  Does anybody actually hunt rails?  Why would they bother?  Even with dogs to flush and retrieve the few birds that might be located, I can't imagine that it would be a satisfying hunt, nor that there would be enough meat on a rail (even a Virginia, much less a Yellow) to eat.  Shooting 15 rails, if you could, would barely make a pot pie.  Moreover, I've never seen a taxidermified rail in the sort of places where you see deer heads and stuffed ducks, geese and pheasants on the wall.

  --Mark Mittleman
  St. Louis, Missouri