Kristi,

Well.....How are you today?? I bet wonderful!  Sounds like you/Doug had a pretty exciting weekend.  Way to go for Dougs ears.....Very Cool!

I just wanted to fill you in on a few things.

Paul Bauer (the guy that Doug does not like) is one of the original 100 members of the ABA.  He is getting all of his ABA Big Day reports together for me to use for MOLists.  I have began to put it together, and it is looking pretty good.  Does your offer of helping me out still stand?  I would like someone to "QC" it when I am finished--which will still be a while before it happens.  Nonetheless, I think it will look pretty good in the end.  I used some of Patricks stuff from the website...and found he has excluded quite a few people for whatever reason...Probably an oversight on his part.....so, oh well....

As to when I can go find the next state record?....Wish I could say soon, but I really have no clue as to when I can get away for any length of time in the near future.  I still have not even gone out close to home for birding since I have been back from Colorado...unless you count my parents last weekend.  Anyways, I really do not see that changing until we get back from Florida in a few weeks.  Will have to get back to you on that one.  Maybe a Bridled Tern will show up over my yard this week....but I guess you would have to be here with me for us to get that first state record together?

As to the race to 500.....  I was approved Friday of this past week for going on a work trip to Tucson, Arizona in October.  It is a week trip of which I should get to bird for at least two whole days.  I have already come up with a list of 40 birds I should be able to get!

Back to house work for me,
Josh

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO