Columbia Audubon is sponsoring a couple of events that you might want to
mark on your calendars.

1.  Several of us will attend the showing of "March of the Penguins" at the
Ragtag Cinemacafe on July 28, showtime is 5:00p.  This is a film by the same
people who produced "Winged Migration";  I have seen some sneak-previews and
read several reviews --- from all accounts it will be AWESOME.  For those
not familiar with Ragtag, it is located at 23 North 10th Street in downtown
Columbia.  It is a small, intimate venue (holds maybe 50 people) - like
sitting in someone's living room, and they bought all their furniture at
garage sales!  There are no reserved seats, and I suspect seats will sell
out quickly. I believe the ticket office opens an hour before the show -
this should be a very popular film due to all the publicity it has received
so you should plan on buying your ticket when the box office opens, or you
might be out of luck.  If I recall correctly, they have light foods (soup,
sandwiches, popcorn, cookies, beer, wine and soda) for sale. Go early, buy
your ticket and eat a light dinner. Please join us - but if you can't, try
to see the film on another date.

2.  Tuesday, August 9, an informal field trip to Eagle Bluffs CA to look for
shorebirds, then retiring to CiCi's Pizza for dinner.  They have a very
inexpensive salad, pasta, pizza and dessert buffet.  Meet no later than 6p
at the main parking lot for the Katy Trail State Park in McBaine - we will
carpool to Eagle Bluffs from there.  All are welcome.

Jean Leonatti
Boone County
Columbia, MO