This might be a duplicate message for some of you, but I received the
following from the Eagle Bluffs staff.  They are opening up some additional
access for viewing of southbound shorebirds.  Normally, you could walk to
this viewing blind, but now you will be able to drive to.

The viewing blind that Tim is referring to is on the back side (roughly
south side) of the distribution channel, roughly behind and short of what we
can "the cormorant trees".  You have also heard we Columbians refer to it as
the "first disabled" blind, and now we have a better name for it.

It is accessed by turning right at the pump/junction box house, driving past
that little building, then turning left and driving down the levee/gravel
road until you come upon the viewing blind. You can see it from the main
road, so I doubt you will get lost. You do NOT have permission to drive
beyond that point, and you will notice an "authorized vehicles only" sign
from there on. You can walk beyond that, but not drive. This will give good
views and light for the shorebirds, and saves the burden of lugging a scope
down there.

Additional spot to remember is the viewing blind for Pool 2 - it can also be
driven to, and provides good lighting.  It is also one of the pools that
retains water for the longest time, so as the distribution channel dries up
the shorebird may concentrate here.

Remember to post your sightings, ordinary or otherwise!
Jean Leonatti
Boone County
Columbia, MO