While visiting my sister and family I was able to spend a little time at Dunn Ranch and Pawnee Praire C.A. These are both in NW Harrision County. I easily found Henslow's Sparrows in many different locations. Sedge Wrens were also singing from several places. Found more Grasshopper Sparrows, Bobolinks and Western Meadowlarks than anywhere else I know. Dickcissels were abundant and saw a couple of Northern Harriers. Also saw more Loggerhead Shrikes than I've seen anywhere else including some recently fledged young birds. Saw one Black-billed Cuckoo along gravel road - 150th street where they were found last year. Saw a few Mockingbirds,Kestrals, Orchard Orioles etc. Did not find any Upland Sandpipers in the part I was at, but talked to one of the seasonal workers who said he had been seeing them. This is usually best place to find them also.

 Pawnee Praire had many of the same birds, saw several carrying food for young. Lots of wildflowers were blooming on the ridge south of the parking area there. Three species of Coneflowers,  Purple Prarie Clover, Rattlesnake Master, and others made a very pleasing sight. Will be quite alot of Blazing Star blooming soon as well. These are from plantings to restore the area. This is same place I have found Smith's Longspurs in the past so don't know if they will be there any longer. Lots of bright orange Butterfly Milkweed on other parts of Pawnee plus in many places along area roads. Many different butterflies feeding on the blooms. Great feeling to walk through the area.

 Later, Steve