Mobirders,

First off I wanted to let all of you know that it appears the E. Screech Owls that nested, then had two young in a nest box in my backyard have apparently moved on!!  For the first time since May 1, while peeking out the back windows of my house tonight no owls were observed.  Very cool for the whole family (and a few Mobirders) to have gotten to observe these birds so closely for so long....

This past Sunday (July 3) I spent the day at my parents house in Washington County, Missouri. Considering this county is never reported on, thought I would share some of the highlight birds I observed.

In my parents yard (I assume all are nesting):
2-Whip poor will
White-eyed Vireo, Red-eyed Vireo, Yellow-throated Vireo, Northern Parulas
1-Blue-winged Warbler
(2-3) Yellow-breasted Chats
(2-3) Summer Tanagers
(2-3) Scarlet Tanagers
1-Bewick's Wren

Pea Ridge CA (Hwy 185 Access):
White-eyed Vireo, Yellow-Throated Vireo, Northern Parula, Yellow-throated Warbler, Black and White Warbler,  Kentucky Warbler and Louisiana Waterthrush
1-fledgling Ovenbird
2-male Blue Grosbeaks

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO