OK, I am new at this so please bare with me.
I just downloaded the EBCA and ten mile pond so I could be more specific
about where I saw certain birds.
July 5th, in the pea-soup fog that engulfed EBCA during the morning,
boone county.
I apologize to most of you because these must be boring everyday birds.
This list is other than the multitudes of red-wings,dickcissels,and indigos.

Great blue herons-everywhere, I stopped counting at 70.
Great egrets, 35.
Kingfishers, 10.
Prothonotary warblers-4.(road between distribution channel and pond 4)
Orchard orioles-5.(road between distribution channel and pond 4)
Baltimore orioles-1.(road between distribution channel and pond 4)
BALD EAGLES -4.  Two mature and two immature. I presume the nest there
must have produced a couple of babies.
Green Herons-5.(1 at distribution channel, 2 at pond 5, 2 at pond 15)
Yellow Crowned Night Heron- 1 immature.(river intake side of pump house,
roosts in willows)
Great-Tailed Grackles-2.(on road betwwen distribution channel and pond 5)
Scissor-Tailed Flycatcher-1.(Thanks to Jean for seeing this bird, I
never would have noticed it, power lines on star school rd) Now I know
what a scissor-tailed looks like.
Mystery bird - 1  ? Mystery bird ID needed   here is the link
I apologize its a lousy pic.Taken from 200 yards away.
http://pics.lotf.com/pg.jpg

Ten Mile Pond,  mississippi county ,
July 7th
Black-billed cuckoo-1 (pool C  rear parking lot and boat ramp)
Black-necked stilt-1 (pool A)
NO LEAST TERNS ! MDC employees said they counted 180 on the sand bars in
the river .

Sorry to bother you with my boring report.

Brian Hartwig
stlouis county