Rick Parker said:

  " My opinion of Painted Shadow is that it is very much worth reading
but it should not be one's introduction to an Eliot biography. I have
been looking forward to James E. Miller Jr's book "T.S. Eliot: The
Making of an American Poet." It was due to be published in August but
might be available now. "

Rick,  In fact the Painted Shadow has been my introduction to Eliot's
bio, but I take your point that one should read other accounts. I still
think since it's taken from personal diaries, that there must be quite a
bit of truth to it, just as any account is subjective. If we polled 10
friends of yours for an opinion on you, they'd give 10 different views.
But I will have a look at two or three other accounts to get a fuller,
less biased opinion.

cheers,
Calla

Calla H. Fireman