Our local newspaper here at the Lake of the Ozarks carries pictures and an
article about a cooperative effort between World Bird Sanctuary and Ameren
UE ( owners of the Lake and of Bagnell Dam.)  They are constructing two
artificaial nest sites for Bald Eagles.  We have plenty of water and fish
here but we lack enough of the huge trees that the eagles require for nests.
We have a few pairs of nesting eagles and it is hoped that these artificial
nests will beckon more.  They hope to construct seven or eight more
artificial nests here at the Lake in the next year or so.  This has worked
for ospreys, why not Bald Eagles?  Stay tuned.

Della Rhoades
Camden County