I drove over to Chillicothe this morning in an attempt to see the Ruddy
Turnstones and Black-bellied Plovers which were reported being in the Thompson
River Wetland. Steve Kinder and I were not able to find these birds today but we
did get a Common Moorhen, "some" shorebirds and things like Bell's Vireo,
Yellow-breasted Chat, three Black Terns, one Franklin's Gull, a few Cedar Waxwings,
one adult Bald Eagle. The shorebirds represented were: Killdeer, Pectoral,
Semipalmated, Least and Spotted Sandpipers, Semipalmated Plover and Dunlin.

Going back to Steve's home to pick up my car we were greeted by an Eurasian
Collared-Dove which was at the feeder in the their yard.

On the way back to Saint Joseph I stopped by Ridgeline Road (just east of
Stewartsville) and managed to see and hear Western Meadowlarks, Bobolinks and
Upland Sandpipers.

Last weekend Steve Kinder and I were able to work in a quick trip out to
Cheyenne Bottoms and Quivera over by Great Bend, KS. For anyone interested, you
can take a look at how we did out there on my Kansas Birding Blog.

http://kansasbirding.blogspot.com/

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Buchanan County
gckinglet AT wmconnect.com