After birding at Ritter with a new couple who are interested in joining our group, David Ringer, Charley Burwick and I went to Schell-Osage to see what may have arrived with additional water from rain the last couple of days. (Best Ritter bird was a Cape May Warbler).

Goodies at Schell included 4 Whimbrels, a Hudsonian Godwit, Stilt Sandpipers, Black-bellied Plovers, Short-billed Dowitchers, White-rumped Sandpipers, Least Sandpipers, a Common Tern, about 70 Black Terns, many Spotted Sandpipers, a few Lesser Yellowlegs. Two Am. Golden Plovers were seen in different wet areas. Also had a Black-billed Cuckoo. Nice stuff for Ozarkers.

Lisa C. Berger
Springfield, Greene County, MO