In a message dated 5/9/2005 10:56:54 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Doug Willis just called: The LAZULI BUNTING was present at the Wright
> home in southern Atchison County at 6 a.m. this morning (5/9). It was
> in the company of one Indigo Bunting.
>
> My mom and I tried for this bird yesterday afternoon from about 12:50
> until 1:40. We either didn't give it enough time (probable) or didn't
> get there early enough in the day.
>
> To get to the Wright home (coming from the south):
>
> From Craig, MO off I-29, take 59 highway north for 4 mi. Turn west
> (left) on Rd 105, (Sharps Grove U.M. Church sign) and go 1 mile. Go
> south (left)1/2 mi. on Candle Rd and make a right turn. Go 1/2 mile,
> turn right and go 1 mile to Boulder.  At the 'T' intersection turn
> right and go 1/4 mile on Onyx to the home of Evonne and Wilbur Wright.
> Turn in the second paved driveway and park.  If they are not home, go
> quietly to the patio at the southwest corner of the house (the feeder
> area is on the west). If they are home, they will probably invite you
> to come into the sun porch to view the feeders.

Today Steve Kinder and I viewed the Lazuli Bunting several times between 3:00
PM and 3:30 PM at the above location. It did seem rather nervous. But we got
some good looks.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Buchanan County
gckinglet AT wmconnect.com