Doug Willis just called: The LAZULI BUNTING was present at the Wright
home in southern Atchison County at 6 a.m. this morning (5/9). It was
in the company of one Indigo Bunting.

My mom and I tried for this bird yesterday afternoon from about 12:50
until 1:40. We either didn't give it enough time (probable) or didn't
get there early enough in the day.

To get to the Wright home (coming from the south):

 From Craig, MO off I-29, take 59 highway north for 4 mi. Turn west
(left) on Rd 105, (Sharps Grove U.M. Church sign) and go 1 mile. Go
south (left)1/2 mi. on Candle Rd and make a right turn. Go 1/2 mile,
turn right and go 1 mile to Boulder.  At the 'T' intersection turn
right and go 1/4 mile on Onyx to the home of Evonne and Wilbur Wright.
Turn in the second paved driveway and park.  If they are not home, go
quietly to the patio at the southwest corner of the house (the feeder
area is on the west). If they are home, they will probably invite you
to come into the sun porch to view the feeders.

Kristi Mayo
Kearney, MO (Clay Co.)