Help!  I had two fence mounted bird houses, 1.25 inch entry holes, that
seemed to be raided by something.  One nest box approximately 6 inches wide,
by 5 inches deep and about 11 tall had alot of nesting material hanging
outside the hole on Saturday.  I titmouse had been nesting in there.  I
found some bird feathers below the box and part of a bird wing, with bone
that had been ripped out.  It was fresh and had happened that night.  There
were no titmouses around.  I have raccoons around my house.  Could a raccoon
have captured the bird that night while in the box?  I waited a long time
before checking box and there were still some eggs in the box but the
contents of the box were quite in a state of disarray.

Jim Fossard
Springfield.