Hi all,
I followed David Blevin's lead and journeyed out to the National Forest
in southern Christian County this morning to see what warblers I could
add to my spring list.  It started out slow, but when the sun broke
through, the birds were plentiful.  I wished many times that I knew
more  songs, as I heard many species that I couldn't id.  Anyway, here's
a list of those I'm sure of.  I saw all of the species listed unless I
indicated otherwise.
I'm convinced that this area should be added to  GOAS spring field
trips, as it is very close (30 minutes from Springfield) and very birdy.

Warblers
Blue Winged (saw 2, heard many)
Tennessee 1
Northern Parula (saw 3, heard many)
Chestnut Sided Warbler 1
Magnolia Warbler 2
Yellow Rumped Warbler 3
Black Throated Green Warbler 1
Blackburnian Warbler 2
Yellow throated Warbler 2
Pine Warbler (saw 6, heard many)
Blackpoll Warbler 1
Black and White Warbler (saw 3, heard many)
American Redstart (saw 3, heard many)
Worm Eating Warbler (heard only)
Ovenbird (saw 2, heard 1 more)
Northern Waterthrush 1
Louisiana Waterthrush 1
Kentucky Warbler (heard several only)
Common Yellowthroat (saw 2, heard several)
Wilson's Warbler 1
Canada Warbler 1
Yellow Breasted Chat (saw 6, heard many)

Other Noteworthy Species
Broad Winged Hawk  2
Swainson's Thrush 4
Wood Thrush (heard only)
Rose Breasted Grosbeak 2
Blue Grosbeak 2
Orchard Oriole 2

A Painted Bunting was reported by Marvin and Claudia DeJong last Sunday,
but I was not able to locate it today.  They live at the junction of
Center Road and Bull Creek.  I was also hoping for Scarlet Tanager,
which would be a lifer for me.  Lots of Summer Tanagers,  but no luck on
Scarlet again today.

Good Birding,
Greg Swick
Ozark, MO/Christian County