Well, I went out for about an hour and a half this morning (before the
torrential rain came pouring down) at Lake Contrary, on the south end of Saint
Joseph. It was very "birdy". It was pretty heavily overcast, so the light was not
the best, but there were birds everywhere. The warblers were really "busy" in
the trees in the area between Lake Contrary and the Missouri River. I saw 10+
Swainson's Thrushes, several Tennessee, several Orange-crowned, 20 Yellow, 10
Blackpoll, several Yellow-rumped and FOY Wilson's Warbler (1).

Getting rained out and returning home I found a very confiding Blue-headed
Vireo in our side yard.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Buchanan County
gckinglet AT wmconnect.com