I've been sorely neglecting my home patch lately.  Fairview Park is a
long block up the street, up the intermittent creek that borders my
backyard.  It is where I found my lifer Black-billed Cuckoo, Ovenbird,
and Mourning Warbler.  It is no Tower Grove; a too-nutrient rich tiny
pond makes do for the bubbler.

Testing my guiding principle that a bird awake at dawn is still awake at
noon, I headed up the street at 11:45 and returned at 1:30.

Birds seen included (in addition to the residents):

Great-crested Flycatcher 1
Eastern Wood-Pewee 1
Gray Catbird  4
Gray-cheeked Thrush 1
Swainson's Thrush  8
Northern Parula 1
Louisiana Waterthrush--wonder if it was there all along while I went
searching Rock Bridge?
Wilson's Warbler (first of the year in MO for me)  1 or 2 female
Blackpoll Warbler 1
Black-and-White Warbler 1
Tennessee Warbler 8-12
Magnolia Warbler 2
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1
Baltimore Oriole 3

Not bad for a midday stroll a block from home.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO