The warblers continue in good numbers at Shaw Nature Reserve.
This morning from 07:00 to 11:00 I had the following:

Common Yellowthroat
Cape May
Palm
Redstart
Golden-winged
Tennessee
Nashville
Black and White
Chestnut-sided
Yellow-rumped
La. Waterthrush
Blue-winged
Magnolia
Parula
Kentucky
Yellow-breasted Chat
Prairie
Ovenbird
Prothonotary
Yellow-throated
N. Waterthrush
Yellow
Pine (Shortleaf Pine Grove)
Blackpoll

The Brush Creek Trail and the Wildflower Garden were excellent.  I
spent about 2 hrs. along the trail and in the garden area.  I was
rushed for time (had to be somewhere at 11:30) or I would have
spent more time in that area.

The Overlook Trail down to the Meramec was also good and the river
bottom area produced the expected Yellow-throated and Prothonotary.

A Bewick's Wren was singing on the rock wall entrance to the
reserve when I arrived.  It was not present when I left shortly
after 11:00.

The only other interesting sighting was a couple of Savannah
Sparrows on the edge of the new growth prairie to the south
of the Wetlands Trail parking lot.

Wally George
Cedar Hill, Mo.