Mike Niles and I took three students to Squaw Creek on Saturday and met a wonderful lady, Tommie Rogers, who was very gracious giving her time to us.  She already posted the birds for the day but we followed her directions to Bigalow marsh north of Squaw Creek and saw the following:

HUDSONIAN GODWIT - 1  Very good look through the scope and then the bird circled twice, letting us see the white stripe in the wings, before flying off to the south.

WILSON'S PHALAROPES - close to two dozen in all their hyperness!!  What beautiful birds!!

GREAT-TAILED GRACKLE - one was calling right near where we parked.

Long-billed Dowitchers - 3 dozen or so

YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRD - had a flock of 40 or so fly up into a tree near the uniquely painted house approaching the marsh.

We also had a Broad-winged hawk at the McCormick area south of the refuge.

Terry L. Miller
Kearney HS
Clay Co.,MO