From: MO Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of
Michael & Jo Ellen Thelen
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 7:41 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Little Creve Coeur Marsh

Mike Grant and I knocked around LCCM, St. Louis County, today.  Wondering
what's with the weather.  It was like the Land of Sky Blue Waters in
October.

Birds observed included...

--  LEAST BITTERN, 1
--  Wild Turkey, 2
--  Northern Bobwhite, 6
--  Sora, 1 close-range look + several heard
--  Est up to 500 shorebirds in the impoundment
       - Lesser Yellowlegs
       - Least Sandpiper, 1
       - Pectoral Sandpiper, most common
       - Dowitcher, sp., 23 (presumed most-to-all Long-billed)
       - WILSON'S PHALAROPE, 1
--  CASPIAN TERN, 5
--  Belted Kingfisher, 2
--  Bank Swallow,  > 5
--  Swainson's Thrush, 1 singing
--  Warbling Vireo, 3 singing in same tree
--  Warblers
       - Northern Parula
       - Yellow Warbler
       - Prothonotary Warbler
       - Common Yellowthroat
--  Sparrows
       - Savannah Sparrow
       - Song Sparrow
       - Swamp Sparrow
       - White-throated Sparrow
       - White-crowned Sparrow
--  ORCHARD ORIOLE, 1 singing

You are invited to view my photo of the LEAST BITTERN, at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/mikethelen3000.

Mike Thelen
St. Louis County, MO