The Reserve was very birdy this morning.  I had 20 species of
warblers and missed a few expected ones.  Golden-winged (2),
Blue-winged, Chestnut-sided plus many Tennessee and
Nashville on the Brush Creek Trail. N. Waterthrush in a muddy
backwater on the Meramec and Yellow Wabler along the Wetland
Trail.

Philadelphia Vireos (2) along Brush Creek Trail.  Least Fly-
catchers (2) and Acadian Flycatcher were heard.

Both Orioles, both Grosbeaks and both Tanagers were
observed.

The Henslow's Sparrows have abandoned the prairie to the
NW of the Trail House, however, I did hear at least 3 birds
singing at the south end of the prairie beyond the deer
exclusion gate on the east side of the Reserve.

Wally George
Cedar Hill, Mo.