I was asked to post this on behalf of Craig Litteken, so I shall!
Jean Leonatti
Boone County
Columbia, MO

Songbird migration appears to be back in full swing with our recent warmer
weather.  Baskett Wildlife Area was really active this morning.  If
possible, could you make a post to MoBirds for me?

I birded Shelton Rd from Hwy Y up to and beyond the locked gate, birded
along Burnett School Road (I think that's what it's called) to the burned
area on the right just before Cedar Creek, and walked the perimeter of the
burned area.  I birded from 5:50 - 7:50a.m.  I had a total of 17 warbler
species.

Best bird was a PRAIRIE WARBLER in the tree line between Burnett School Rd.
and the burned area.  I was walking the burned area when I heard it.  It was
continually singing, and came within 20ft. of me...great looks!

Other birds:

Blue-winged warbler - several
Golden-winged warbler - 2
Tennessee warbler - everywhere
Nashville warbler - several
Northern parula - everywhere
Chestnut sided warbler - 1
Magnolia warbler - 1 (heard only)
Yellow rumped warbler - several
Black throated green warbler - 1
Pine warbler - 1
Black and white warbler - several
Worm eating warbler - 2
Ovenbird - several
Kentucky warbler - several
Common Yellowthroat - everywhere
Yellow breasted chat - 2
Summer tanager - 2
Scarlet tanager - 1
Eastern towhee - everywhere
Field sparrow - 1
White throated sparrow - several
Cardinal
Northern mockingbird - 1
Swainsons thrush - 1
Red winged blackbird
Eastern meadowlark
Brown headed cowbird
Barred owl - 1
Downy woodpecker - 1
Hairy woodpecker - 1
Pileated woodpecker - 3
Eastern wood pewee - 1
Acadian flycatcher - 1
Eastern Phoebe - 1
Great crested flycatcher - 1
White eyed vireo - at least 3
Yellow throated vireo - 1
Red eyed vireo - at least 3
Blue jay
American crow
Black capped Chickadee
Tufted titmouse
Carolina wren
Marsh wren (in the burned area) - 1
Blue-gray gnatcatcher - several
Bobwhite (in the burned area) - 1
Mourning dove
Canada goose
Turkey
Great Blue heron
Red shouldered hawk - 1

This morning was a great time to be out for songbirds!

Thanks for your help!  Talk to you later.

Craig