We began at Little Creve Coeur parking at the red barn of the driving range
and walking the dike.

Things started off with a bang.  Two birders returning to the parking  area
from the dike kicked up an Am Woodcock who landed on a dirt mound 6  feet away
and began displaying, flashing his backside, then flying 10 feet left  and
displaying all over again.  This was at 8:30 in the morning in full  sunlight and
everyone in our group got fantastic looks.  What a  surprise!

On the trail to and around the dike area:
Sora rail -- many
Virginia rail -- 2 or 3 -- great looks by everyone -- scopes not  needed
(possibly heard King Rail--no sighting)
Am Bittern - 1 flying across the marsh
Wilson's Snipe - 3 flushed
Great Blue Heron
Green Heron
N Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher
Red-tailed Hawks
Turkey Vultures
Indigo Bunting pair
Yellow warbler
Common Yellow-throat
Palm
Northern Parula
Tennessee
Yellow-rumped warbler
Northern Waterthrush
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Chickadee sp
Solitary Sandpiper
Song Sparrow
White-crowned
N Cardinal
Brown-headed Cowbird
Common Grackle
Red-winged BB
Orchard Oriole pair
Am Goldfinch
Eurasian Tree Sparrow

From the hiking/biking trail overlook we added:
Pied-billed Grebe pairs
Am Coots
Common Moorhen (climbing up the reeds as reported earlier)
Canada Geese
Gadwall pair
Hooded Merganser pair
Ruddy Duck
Lesser Scaup pair
Blue-winged Teal pairs
Green-winged Teal
Mallard pairs
Northern Shoveler pairs
Great Egret
Snowy Egret

Only a few ducks and shorebirds identified at the Containment Pond  adding:
Dowitcher sp - 1 or 2
Least Sandpiper - 3
Pectoral Sandpiper - a few
Yellowlegs sp -- numerous
Killdeer
Cliff, Rough-winged, Bank, Barn, Tree swallows
Mourning Dove
Common Nighthawk (FOY?)
Chipping sparrows, House Sparrows, Am Robin at Creve Coeur Lake at  lunch

Weldon Springs Blue Grosbeak Trail:
Blue Grosbeak
Eastern Bluebird
Indigo Buntings - dups
White-crowned Sparrows - dups
Yellow-breasted Chat
Yellow Warbler - dup
Bell's Vireo heard and flying away
House Wren
Rough-winged Swallows clinging to a piece of earth-moving equipment
Gray Catbird
Carolina Wren heard
Field Sparrow heard
Eastern Meadowlark