Today was a great day for yard birds.  Early am I was treated to three
Indigo Buntings (2 males and 1 female), one male FOY Orchard Oriole, and
three Harris Sparrows all in a group.  They apparently had found some
insects around a damp area by the fence.  Later two FOY White Crowned
Sparrows were present.  Under the apple tree I had fourteen Blue Jays
feeding on some cracked corn.  One Jay had a gray head and mostly gray
body but retained the black markings.  The Jays were joined by the
Harris and White Crowned Sparrows and a Red Bellied Woodpecker.  In the
Cedar by the mailbox is a Cardinal nest with two young in pin feathers.
Also had the usual assortment all supervised by one very busy House Wren!!

Not a bad bird day just staying home.

Connie Thompson
Saint Joseph, MO
Buchanan County