Eagle Bluffs continues to be a fascinating evening location.  I agree with
Steve G. - an after work visit is "so many birds, too little time"
experience.

The distribution channel is beginning to show mudflats in several different
sections so the shorebirds are EVERYWHERE.  There was a single Cattle Egret
near the second one-way loop.  Pelicans have moved out of the Sapp tract and
closer to the second one way loop.  Ran into Laura H. and she said she did
not find the Avocets in Pool 15.

This evening the Hooded Merganser only had six little ones with her -- I
hope the others were just hidden from my eye.  In the one way loop, soras
and Virginia rails were out in the open.  In one binocular view I had two
Virginia Rails and six Soras on a mudflat!  Ran into Carl G. who was
photographing a Bittern in the loop.

Pool 4 was full of shorebirds.  As Carl said "have you ever seen so many
yellowlegs in one place???", and no I haven't!  There were 11 Dunlin as the
newest arrivals, most with black tummies.  Long-billed Dowitchers look
particularly rosy in the setting sun and the Wilson's Phalaropes are still
spinning away.  Could pick out a few least and semi-palmated sandpipers,
along with many pectorals and one semipalmated plover.  The Peregrine must
still be in the area as the birds were very flighty, but would settle right
back down and eat feverishly.
Jean Leonatti
Boone County, Columbia, MO