I managed 81 species of birds today at Squaw Creek NWR, Mound City, Missouri,
today. Some of the highlights included: Snowy Egret, Rough-legged Hawk (late
date, should have headed north by now), two (maybe three) Peregrine Falcons,
@150 Semipalmated Plovers (strained until my "eyes gave out" looking for a
Piping Plover, without success), one Marbled Godwit, eight Willet, six Wilson's
Phalarope, two White-rumped Sandpiper, hundreds of Yellow-headed Blackbird and
one very nice Clay-colored Sparrow.

Sorry, Anne, about the shorebirds leaving the area in the northeast section
of the refuge. Trust me, there were over 1000 in that area earlier in the
morning!

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Buchanan County
gckinglet AT wmconnect.com