Sorry, as usual my typing got ahead of my note translating in my first MoBirds report...Here are the corrections/additions (to what I already reported) now that I am more awake!

Big Oak Tree SP-Mississippi County:
1-Osprey, perched in cypress tree in the lake
~35 Swainson's Thrushes. They seemed to be everywhere--quite impressive.
Also watched a group of 10+ Rose Breasted Grosbeaks traveling together in one flock.

Ten-Mile Pond CA-Mississippi County:
2-Greater White Fronted Geese
1-Sora
2-Sedge Wren
~40 Bobolinks, near 10-Mile Pond on CR502

In addition, migration seems to be very delayed this year based on Kristi and my southern MO observations this past Friday and Saturday.  Warblers were very limited and there appeared to be very few flycatchers in...  However, we did see very good numbers of Blue Grosbeak, Rose Breasted Grosbeak, Swainson's Thrushes, Dickcissels and many of the MO breeding species.  But based on the temperatures as of late......I have to think this is much to the birds advantage...

And for those interested Kristi and I ended our April Big Day, 4/30.....with 152 total species for the day!  Numerous Eurasian Collared Doves, Wilson's Snipe and Marsh Wrens, observed prior our Big Day attempt, could not be found on April 30th!!  Always next year!

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO

Photo Gallery:  http://www.surfbirds.com/albums/index.php?cat=10005

http://mail.yahoo.com