I managed to somehow miss this morning's outing with other students and
professors at Truman State University, so this afternoon I birded Thousand
Hills Trail at Big Creek CA from about 11:30am-3:15pm. I didn't expect to
find much, so I was pleasantly surprised! Good to see the birds finally
arriving up here. 57 species total.

Common Yellowthroat - FOY (lots)
Willow Flycatcher - FOY
Ovenbird - FOY (lots)
Blue-winged Warbler - FOY (lots)
Chestnut-sided Warbler - FOY
Philadelphia Vireo - FOY/Lifer
Black-and-white Warbler - FOY
Scarlet Tanager - FOY/Lifer (At least five singing males)
American Redstart - FOY
Swainson's Thrush - FOY
Gray-cheeked Thrush - FOY
Indigo Bunting - FOY
Solitary Sandpiper - FOY/Lifer (in pond on Rainbow Basin Rd.)
Green Heron - FOY (perched in tree on Rainbow Basin Rd.)

Eastern Meadowlark
American Robin
Field Sparrow
Loggerhead Shrike (on Rainbow Basin Rd.)
Black-capped Chickadee
Red-breasted Grosbeak
Eastern Towhee
Northern Cardinal