After being gone for a few days it was nice to get back out to the wetland. Myrna had told me about watching the Soras and Virginia Rails running around out there the last few days. Also the Eared Grebe Larry forgot to mention that we saw that has been there for a few days. Also heard today was Bobolink, YH Blackbird [ Doris Fitchett saw 6 the other day], and Catbird. Doris reported a Marbled Godwit and a Common Tern seen a few days ago too. So nice to have a place like this to go to so close to home. Water levels continue to drop however, some pools have dried up as we continue to miss the rains here. Hopefully will get more before long. Anyway the dirt road is dry and in good shape.  There were at least 4 Bell's, 5-6 Chats, several Orchard Orioles, and many Yellow warblers and Common Yellowthroats heard/seen along the road today.

 Later, Steve Kinder, Chillicothe, [log in to unmask]