This evening, while I was retrieving mist net poles from the university van
from a class field trip this morning, I heard nestlings begging nearby. At
about that time a House Sparrow flew out from under the van. Yep, a check
revealed a nest in the rear frame of the van! This morning the nestlings
got a free trip to I. R. Kelso Sanctuary in Cape! I guess we need to move
the vans more often.

This reminds me of a story of a Carolina Wren nest that was placed in a UPS
truck in Massachusetts some years ago. This particular truck made night
deliveries, so the female was able to (apparently) stay on the nest, and
incubate!

----Bill Eddleman
	Cape Girardeau