I received a call from James Hunt in Rolla this evening and he says he has two Red bellied Woodpeckers coming to and sucking nectar out of his hummingbird feeder, He said he and his wife have had HBFeeders around for years but this is a first for him. He also stated that the Red bellied WP have to be contortionist to get a drink, but they get it done at least twice a day.

I ask him if he has a water feature in the area, and he said he has a bird bath but never sees the Woodpeckerd taking a drink. He also does not know if there is a nest close by.

Q- Does anyone out there know if this more common that we think or is, or is this one of those "I have never heard of that before" incidences?

Any information or insight would be appreciated.

Thank you
Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO