Am not seeing that argument at all. Not subjectivist at all. Appears to be
more of an attack on non-artists as Definers of Art. Unspoken message seems
to be that while many things are depicted as art and defined by someone as
art, few of those things are art and most of those who define, lowbrow or
high, have valid definitions. Carey knows what art is not. He may know what
it is, but it's a case-by-case definition. His criteria is never clearly
stated.