I haven't seen the movie yet but in the currently released "Kingdom of
Heaven" (the crusader flick starring Orlando Bloom) one of the
villians is Guy de Lusignan.  This is one of the adventurers mentioned
in the poem "El Desdichado" by Gérard de Nerval mined by Eliot for
"The Waste Land" ("Le Prince d'Aquitaine à la tour abolie").  Lusignan
became King of Jerusalem and then later, after being beaten by Saladin
and sucking up^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H swearing fealty to Richard the
Lionhearted, bought Cyprus from Richard and started a new dynasty there.

Wikipedia entry for Guy of Lusignan:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_de_Lusignan

My translation of "El Desdichado" is:

    I am the Darkened Soul, - the Widower -, the Inconsolable,
    The Prince of Aquitaine at the abandoned Tower:
    My sole Star is dead, - and my bejewelled lute
    Bears the black Sun of Melancholy.

    In the night of the Tomb, You who have consoled me,
    Restore to me Posillipo and the sea of Italy,
    The flower which pleased so my desconsolate heart,
    And the trellis where the Vine and Rose intertwine.

    Am I Eros or Phoebus? . . . Lusignan or Biron?
    My brow is red still from the kiss of the Queen;
    I have dreamt in the Grotto where the siren swims...

    And I have twice victoriously crossed Acheron:
    Conveying on the lyre of Orpheus, in turn,
    The sighs of the Saint and the cries of the Fay.

The poem in the original French:
    http://pages.globetrotter.net/pcbcr/nerval.html

Regards,
    Rick Parker