Mobirders:
Just listened to the NPR report. My God, this is positively the most inspiring conservation story of our lifetime!! What a victory for the Nature Conservancy and their philosophy for conservation!! This could be the spark, or the catalyst that moves environmentalism back to the mainstream of American values (and undo the damage done by the Pale Male fiasco)...
After listening to the NPR report, as the waves of emotion wash over me, all I can say is "Long Live The Lord God Bird!!!"
This is a great day to be a birder!
Doug Willis
Kansas City, MO