The cool air and clear skies make for awesome birding.

I got out in the woods about 5:20am and watched a great sunrise
as the birds awoke with proclamation for the Sabbath.

The Wild Turkey were "stereo-phonic" this morning.  By chance, an entire
rafter was roosted in the tops of large oaks just 25-30 steps from me (I
sat on a large wooded bluff).  I've never heard any clearer turkey
vocalization ever.  Every purr, cluck, yelp, cut, putt and gobble was as
if the birds were within feet of me.

The Barred Owls and Cardinals were in rare form as well!

At 6:20am, after tagging my bird, I walked the bottoms and saw so many
warblers and other interesting songbirds...I was unable to move;
spellbound by their music and activities.  Wood Duck were roosted in the
trees.

It's been my observation that a cool snap coupled with clear skies & calm
breezes encourage all birds to proclaim the day.

My dogs are the same way!  Boy they were sure frisky!  My wife, she
prefers to tromp the woods on warmer (frost free mornings) and missed out
on the fun…but she won’t need a nap this afternoon! (like some people).

Bob Foreman