What can a third string birder (and a one who is at times is viewed to be
politically incorrect) add to what so many thoughtful members have
contributed here on MOBIRDS regarding the re-discovery of this most
beautiful woodpecker?

I guess just that it made me cry when I heard the news.

Bob Foreman
Smithville, MO