What an accepting, warm, delightful bunch of human beans attended the
ASM in Springfield!  Thank you to Lisa and everyone else who worked to
make it go smoothly.  Every person I met was exceptionally generous
with help for this novice.  Thank you to each of you.

I never think I can "count" a bird someone else sees and identifies for
me.  Edge pointed out a lark sparrow on our way to Wilson's Creek.  On
my way home two lark sparrows, male and female, posed on a fence wire
outside Higginsville on 213 long enough for me to claim them as my own.

At an Army Corps wetland restoration site between Osceola and Clinton I
added to my weekend northern shovelers, common snipe, and blue-wing
teal.  One beige/gray duck with a long thin neck, black tail and
undertail, and white secondaries under wing went unidentified.

Again, Thanks!!
June Newman
Carroll County