Late yesterday afternoon, just before the storms began, I was on the Blue
Grosbeak Trail at Busch Conservation Area, St. Charles County.  Several new
ponds are being constructed to the right of the main fork in the trail, and  on
one of those ponds was a Willet.

Also along the trail were a Bewick's Wren, a White-crowned  Sparrow, and a
Yellow Warbler, the latter heard but not  seen.  The weather prevented me from
looking for other species  which might have been expected in the area by  now.

--Mark Mittleman
St. Louis