I have American Airlines frequent flyer miles.  I received the following in
a newsletter from them:

Earn 10 Bonus Miles For Every $1 You Donate To The National Parks
American Airlines is working with the National Park Foundation as a Proud
Partner of the National Parks. When you give $10 or more to American's Proud
Partner campaign, you'll earn 10 bonus miles for every $1 given, and it's
tax deductible. Please consider making an online donation today. Plus, when
you donate $125 or more to American's Proud Partner campaign, you'll receive
a complimentary National Park Pass - a $50 value.

Does anyone know if the "National Park Foundation" is a valid foundation
that does provide significant help to National Parks?  Does anyone know if
they "do good"??  I would be happy to help out the National Parks (and
myself), but don't want to send off a donation to one of these groups that
uses 90% of their money to raise money, and only 10% to help the cause.
Thanks for any first-hand knowledge.
Jean Leonatti
Boone County
Columbia, MO