 Basically,in my opinion ,the confirmation of an Ivory-billed woodpecker  is
THE biggest thing to hit the modern birding world PERIOD! I think something
this big is an exception to the rule of state listserve topics
 The folk complaining about it "not being a proper topic" are WAY anal and
really need to get a life!
  I did what Edge was talking about and checked out several other birding
listserves.The subject lines from San Diego to London have been about the
woodpecker!! Its pretty mind blowing!.I freely admit I was .numb when the info comimg
in(much thanks to Leslie Kollers updates last night) was leading up to the
fact that this was a genuine sighting.!!
  This great happening belongs to more than just the birding world.Talked to
people today who have no interest whatsoever in birds but have heard of the
"extinct" ivory-bills and think it is really neat some are still living and hope
they do what they need to to save them.
  In an ever shrinking natural world it gives one hope
  Who knows, maybe there are still some Imperial woodpeckers in a remote
Mexican mt range or  Bachmans warbler singing away right now in some  South
Carolina swamp!
 -Mike Brady