This morning I was SO THRILLED with the report on the Ivory-billed
Woodpecker, and to hear Tim Barksdale's voice on the NPR report --- well, my
mind was just whirling.  I stopped to gas up my car before work, ran into
the QuikStop to get a quick soda and almost walked out WITHOUT paying
because my mind was still focused on the woodpecker news.

I would have been MORTIFIED if I had been arrested for shoplifting --- and I
am not sure that a judge would have accepted "Well, sir, I was so consumed
with thoughts of the Ivory-billed Woodpecker that I didn't know what I was
doing!"  --- unless of course I was appearing before Sebastian Patti, and I
am certain he would have let me off on "temporary insanity" !!
Jean Leonatti
Boone County
Columbia, MO