My first message on this system, so excuse me if I mess up somehow.

On Saturday evening I saw two American Bitterns flying in circles above the
open water at LCCL, possible in a display flight although they landed quite
far apart. This observation was made from the cycle path.

On Sunday lunchtime I returned to LCCL and walked the road/path at the south
end, from the dismantled sports area to the red barn. As well as six
bobwhite quail, I also disturbed an America Bittern that was close to the
path. On my way back from the barn, I disturbed a Wilson's Snipe and the
snipe in turn disturbed a Least Bittern. All three birds were east of the
short plastic "wall" that is on the side of the path.

Also, thanks to Torrey Burger and Dave Rogles for leading the SLAS trip to
B.K.Leach.

Mick Richardson
Kirkwood, St Louis County