I had to stop in at work Sunday, so I made it a point to stop at Tower Grove
Park before then. Sherry McCowan put me on the spotted towhee within a few
minutes. I then checked the Gaddy Bird Garden with Sherry and didn't see
much, so I headed east down the sidewalk. In one of the trees just north of
the sidewalk was a palm warbler on a low branch.

After working a little, I headed to Horseshoe Lake State Park, Ill. I did
not refind the eared grebe that was reported earlier in the day. However, I
found one eastern phoebe, three eastern kingbirds, a red-headed woodpecker,
and one very cooperative warbling vireo.

Here's the warbling vireo:

http://www.surfbirds.com/albums/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0

http://www.surfbirds.com/albums/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=1

And here's the kingbird: