Male Spotted Towhee at the TGP House just northeast of Gaddy Garden, flying
on all sides of house. There was also a male Eastern Towhee and two female
Eastern Towhees keeping together in the area. I did not notice the harsher
trill ascribed to this western variety, but I wasn't able to pinpoint which
bird was singing. What I heard sounded what would be the Eastern variety,
but maybe something was a bit differnt. I wonder if this bird could be a
hybrid (see Sibley's).

Bob Bailey
St. Louis, MO